Blazer Fan Dan Blazer Fan Dan is offline

Default PS Pump

Sorry if this is the wrong group, I couldn't find a better one. If you
point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it greatly.

My problem: I just found out that my PS pump was fried on my boat.

In my boat fleet, I have a 1962 75 horse Johnson. And as I've bought
parts for that in the past, I figured parts for newer boat being a
Chevy V6, wouldn't be rare or too expensive. Well, I found out how
obscenely expensive a replacement is from a marina.

So that got me to thinking, the engine itself is basically a car
engine. So I asked one guy at a marina about it, and he said that a
"regular" PS pump from a car might work. I called a different marina,
and that guy said it wouldn't.

Is it possible to use a car PS pump on a boat motor? Also, does anyone
know of a place to get a PS pump at a reasonable cost?