Armond Perretta[_2_] Armond Perretta[_2_] is offline

Default GPS Not Recognized

Flying Pig wrote:

Once Cap'n (or any other) is running with the GPS found, it's using
that port. You'd need another USB puck to make them work
simultaneously. I discovered this by trying to use Capn and Maxsea
together.

I have finally been able to get 3 separate charting applications to run (of
course one application at a time) and see the combined GPS/AIS data, but
there is a peculiarity that still occurs. The apps are Capn 8.3, SeaClear
II, and OpenCPN 903 Beta. The system includes the SP 162 AIS engine.

When I use the combined GPS/AIS data (the GPS is routed through the SR 162,
and a single RS-232 connects to the USB-serial converter), each of the
applications can see the data and successfully plot the ship and any AIS
targets. However if I next feed the straight GPS signal and bypass the SR
162 (usually at 4800 BAUD instead of the 38k BAUD used by the AIS device),
only Capn 8.3 can see this data. Both SeaClear II and OpenCPN do not.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat