Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Dogs going nuts

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:04:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:15:53 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

A couple minutes ago, the two dogs were going nuts outside barking. I
went outside and hauled them in but they REALLY wanted out so I went
outside to see what it was they were so excited about. It was a baby
possum eating cat food. Those critters are dang ugly but as cute as
can be. It just wanted me to think it was one of the cats.
Sunday on the way back from sailing, south of Tallahasee, we saw a
mama bear and two babies cross the road in front of us so we slowed to
a stop and watched em disappear in thewoods. Mama was clearly annoyed
at the little ones dawdling in the road.

Racoons are cute. Opossums are just huge, ugly-assed rats. Even their
tales are ratty. They're horrid creatures. They're not edible, and
their hide is worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Never had possum pie?
Never had it myself, but seems I've heard of that.
My granddad used to shoot and eat squirrels. That's just a rat, and
so is a rabbit.
Went hunting with a buddy in WV and I shot a squirrel we cooked over a
fire. Tough as leather. Can't remember the taste. Wasn't much.
My wife's ma raises and eats rabbits in Poland.
Don't seem right.
Saw a possum get clipped by a car on Mannheim Road, then it ran a few
feet and played possum.
Bad place for it. A semi squashed it flat 2 seconds after it went
into its act.

--Vic