Don White

Default WARNING, Permanent residence card

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Lloyd.
After 9/11 there was all kinds of talk in local newspapers that the
Americans were unhappy with our security which
could endanger them.
In this port, we actually had US customs inspectors come up to assist the
locals. We also had to buy a hugh mobile
container inspection device. The implied threat was...if we weren't secure,
our shipments heading to the US would be in trouble. This was a big deal
because we compete for containers heading stateside.
We're a couple of days closer to Europe which means wecan unload the ships,
and ship the containers to the American mid west before the same ship
arrives in NewYork or Baltimore.

Steve wrote in message
snip...
The Canadian Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) is NOT required for
Canadian Citizens. It is only required for permanent residents of
Canada who for one reason or another have yet to receive their
citizenship.

Lloyd seems to be one of those types who just can't wait to blame the
States for everything that upsets them. Which would be really funny if
it wasn't such a widely adopted mantra by the Loony Lefties up here.

So feel free to invite a Canadian Citizen down for a boat ride.

Steve