Black-n-Gold

Default Alternatives for Anti-Siphon Valve

Well I think I got to the bottom of my fuel problems. My boat had been
intermittently cutting out at cruising speeds. I pulled the anti-siphon
valve and found quite a bit of brown, sand like particles, which I'm
assuming are varnish. I also drained my Racor and had quite a bit of this
as well. The first couple of times this happened I did not notice any of
this in the Racor.

I hooked up a hand pump and was able to get some of this out of the bottom
of my tank, but I wasn't happy with the ability to get to the bottom of the
tank where I'm sure most of this lies. I'm going to try a fig up a better
way to clean out the bottom of the tank to see if I can get the rest of this
out.

The boat did sit for nearly two years with the same tank of gas and no
Stabil so it did have ample time to get mucky. What other steps can I take
to rid the system of this stuff? Is there an alternative to the anti-siphon
that would be easier to monitor the accumulation and clean? Thanks.

linus