thunder thunder is offline

Default Those pesky facts again about healthcare

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:00:22 -0400, H K wrote:

Not true. You can have a *budget* surplus and still have debt. Bush
did inherit a $128 billion surplus.

According to the Repubs here, it just isn't *fair* to keep bringing up
Bush as if he were responsible for the messes Obama inherited.

Being pretty much a fiscal conservative, I definitely don't like the
level of debt we have. 60% GDP seems pretty scary to me, but we are not
alone. Canada, Germany, France, all have a slightly higher percentage,
but what I find astounding is Japan, 170% GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...by_public_debt