Larry W4CSC

Default Furuno GP-32 ??

Steve, why not get an integrated GPS receiver with great WAAS built
right into the antenna like the Raymarine Raystar 120 NMEA?
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/P...oduct _id=147

Just plug it right into your laptop's serial port. No need to pay for
all the extra displays and gadgets you don't use.

Stretch out both arms horizontally. Double the distance you see from
fingertip to fingertip. That's how far the fix strays away from the
receiver's position at Lionheart's berth over a 24 hour period.

You can use any cabling you like because the dome, itself, puts out
NMEA statements into the cable. There's no RF antenna separate from a
display unit with coax cabling with IF interconnects to worry about.
The whole thing, WAAS receiver and all, 12-channels, is built right
into the little dome.

It's also compatible with EGNOS in Europe and MSAS in Asia for true
worldwide compatibility.

Lionheart's is mounted on the left side of the helm under the
fiberglass hardtop so people don't use it as a handle knob. Comes
with a standard mount like the kind you'd screw a marine fiberglass
antenna to. 9-18VDC at 1.5W powers it right up the same cable. It
comes with a long cable already attached to it. Unfortunately, I'd
rather it had a sealed PLUG on the antenna in case it needed a
replacement cable, but it doesn't have it.

VERY sensitive receiver. -130dbm.....hot!

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:03:39 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Thanks Dick.. I figured I would have to build a cable anyway since the GPS
will be about 10 ft from my laptop.

The manual says not to shorten the antenna cable but does tell you how to
remove the connector to get it through a small hole.

On my old Trimble, there was no warning about shorting it but then it didn't
have WAAS.

If I were you, I would swap the antennas and keep the same cable and see if
there is any problem with either the WAAS or the GPS

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC

NNNN