Default Zac is a FAILURE just like I always said . . .

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:25:23 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

It's time we sailors started to face the facts that our pride and joy is
being *******ized by publicity hound parents who live vicariously through
their brats. Even worse is those arm chair sailors who seem to approve of
and support this trash sailing.

Reminds me of the fatal crash of a Cessna . A girl who was too young
to get a pilots license, was trying to land in each of the 48 states.
She was accompanied by her instructor who was the legally required
pilot, and her father. They took a chance with dubious weather, they
had a schedule, it seems.

Casady

I recall that incident. It's an extreme case where parents are directly
responsible for the death of their child because of their narcissism. If I
recall correctly, the dead girl was 11?? At that age I doubt the girl had
any real interest in landing in all 48 states. Sad! Now I read where a
13-year-old French girl is getting ready to do a solo circumnavigation. One
of these days such a stunt will result in the death of the youngster. Shame
on irresponsible parents who have to live their lives through their
children.

Wilbur Hubbard