posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing

Default Zac is a FAILURE just like I always said . . .

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"silverdragon" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 12:31 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
The Guinness Book of Records does not recognize Zac Sunderland's
circumnavigation because he had too much outside help.
Bwaahahahhahahaha.

I told you so.

"The previous youngest to complete a similar voyage was American Zac
Sunderland last month, but his effort is not recognized by Guinness
World
Records."

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...57Q2V220090827

Wilbur Hubbard

:: I really dont think his goal was to get into "the book".
::
:: He set out to single handedly circumnavigate the world by sailboat,
:: and that he did.

Wrong! His stated goal was to be the youngest person to sail alone around
the world.

He failed miserable as he did not sail alone around the world. He had
help with tows into and out of various ports.

So did Perham.

Not so. Perham sailed most of the way foregoing the motor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He used the Panama Canal which is not sailing.

So did Perham.

True but he did intend, at least, to go the Cape Horn route but mechanical
problems caused him to use the Panama Canal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He had all sorts of people constantly working on his boat.

So did Perham.

Not so, he had limited help and only close to the finishing leg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Perham

He dilly-dallied around for months at a time and had a birthday en route
while workmen refitted his boat time after time.

So did Perham. Perham did it faster though, because the boat he had
donated to him (unlike Sunderland who bought his own boat) was much
faster.

Perham did it faster because:

1: he had a faster boat
2: he didn't dilly-dally around at every other publicity port having
extensive repairs done on his boat by work crews.
3: Perham did not park his boat and fly home to spend a week at Christmas
visiting his family. This is why Zac did not get into the Guiness Book of
Records. Like I stated: too much outside help and not enough dedication to
the cause. A publicity stunt gone awry.

Wilbur Hubbard