Doug Dotson

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Doug,

My poslishing/transfer system will be totally separate from the
engine system. I do have an electric priming pump that is a godsend.
Plan on installing dual electric lift pumps on the engine.

Doug

"DSK" wrote in message
Sounds good but it might take a while.

Doug Dotson wrote:
Take a while to what? Polish the tank?

Transfer is what I was thinking of. It's a good idea to have a polishing

system
that you can run underway so when the tanks start sloshing, you can get

the crud
that is getting stirred up out of there.

.... A polishing system recirculates and each
pass
through the filter removes more because a filter is much more than just

fancy
sieve. I dunno.

Sounds good in theory, and as Steve says his TP filters get a lot of gunk

out of
there. But I still have no confidence at all that they are not shedding

gunk
too. So, if a TP filter grabs X amount of gunk on Y passes, then a proper

filter
element would grab ? on fewer passes? Of course you need to change it, and

a lot
of the paper towel/TP filter theory seems to revolve around the idea that

you
shouldn't have to change filter elements, which is silly IMHO. Filter

elements
are the cheapest insurance you can get for your engine.

BTW set up the polishing/transfer pump so it can be priming pump too.

Saves a
lot of hassle.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King