posted to rec.boats.electronics
MDJ MDJ is offline

Default Digital Yacht AIT250 - reprogram MMSI ?

Bruce in alaska wrote:
In article
,
MDJ wrote:

I have just purchased a 2nd hand AIT250 but the MMSI has already been
programmed.

Is there any way I can update/ re-apply the firmware or reset to
factory defaults so I can enter the MMSI again?

I have the proAIS software but it does not allow changing the MMSI
whereas I had software for our DSC VHF and it allowed reprogramming
the MMSI easily.

At the minute, the only way to fix this is to send the unit back to
Digital Yacht but since the AIT250 is available in the US, I'm sure
there is another way.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Markdj

PS. I tried registering on the Panbo forum but received no email
confirmation and was unable to contact Ben Ellison

Did you contact the OEM, and ASK??????

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply