noah

Default Trimming the drive

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:08:03 GMT, "Steven Carlson"
wrote:

I'm new to boating and learning about trimming my outboard also. Have a
1981 16' tri hall with 90 horse outboard. Not happy with the hole shot to
pull skiers out of the water. Has a 17 pitch prop. Was told that a stainless
steel prop will have a better hot shot, with same pitch. Is that true?

Steven

Probably. The stainless will "flex" less than an aluminum prop.
A better idea is to find out what pitch prop is the "right" one for
your engine and load. You'll need to know your WOT rpm's under normal
load.

I used to use a 21" pitch for general boating, and switch to a 19" for
water skiing. Both props gave proper rpm under the given load, and
the 19" gave good acceleration for skiing.

Good luck,
noah