DSK

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

One poster mentioned that Raycor type filters
don;t make good polishing filters because they are surface filters and
clog up quickly.

LaBomba182 wrote:
Well, they would be wrong.
Like Glenn said, you need to use the right size filter for the job.

If the filter is clogging up, that's because it is doing it's job.

The paper towel and toilet paper types are better
for polishing.

Yeah no doubt. Things designed to wipe your kitchen counter and wipe your ass
will beat a Racor for filtering fuel everytime.

Next you'll be adding an Algea-X into the mix. :-)

Now now, be polite. FWIW I agree about paper towel filters. They can't possibly
do as good a job as a filter element, although maybe they absorb water better.
Why do people want to save $1.50 on something that can ruin a $10K engine?

BTW I saw an ad for a paper towel lube oil filter system that proclaimed how it
was used by the USCG and the military... hate to say it but any military
installation has to be MILSPEC and anybody who modifies gov't power plants
without all proper authorization is likely going to end up in Leavenworth, or at
very least washing the world's largest pile of dirty dishes. Why are people so
gullible?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King