Evan Gatehouse

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

Are you guys sure you really need all this stuff?

I fueled in some pretty suspicious places with questionable fuel in a lot of
third world countries. I used a Baja filter for all the fuel entering the 1
(one) and only fuel tank. It would usually pick up a few ounces of water
and a lot of crud in the first filter element.

The one and only time bad fuel stopped our engine was in the ICW after
picking up a load of very water logged fuel. Just anchored, changed the
filter, and emptied about 1 quart water from the filter bowl. Because I was
in the US, where bad fuel is seldom a problem, I didn't use the Baja
filter....I must have been that guy's only customer that year.

Just my experience after 3-1/2 years cruising.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)