Florida Keyz

Default Boat Miami to Key Largo in 18 foot boat ??

as anybody done it in a small boat like this?
Any info or danger?

Going Hawks channel you will have to check your weather. Stay in the channel as
there are coral heads outside the channel.

If pushing the boat at about 60% (maybe 20 knots), how often would I
have to refuel and were would you recommend I stop?

Oceanside,There is no where to stop except Ocean reef, and I am pretty sure
they don't allow non members there. Your next closest place to fuel, as I
recall, is Holiday Inn Marina, Key largo harbor.

Will I run into nice sandy Islands?
No

Recommended path? or other
info.

Go the inside route, the icw. It;s an easily navigated, semi protected way to
go. Then you can stop at Gilberts as you first arrive in Key Largo, just past
the Jewfish Creek Bridge. Nice bar, fuel, hotel and food.

I would guess you can make the run in about 2 to three easy hours.

See ya in Paradise!

Sterling