otnmbrd

Default Radar vs GPS/Sounder

Jeff Morris wrote:
"otnmbrd" wrote in message news:_I4xb.15704

This is a point I've wondered about: it seems that vessels with active

radar

appear on my radar with a large arc centered on the vessel's blip. I've

assumed

this is an interaction between their radar and mine. Does this also mean

that

my radar also enhances my picture on their screen?

This may also be due to having the gain/intensity, turned up too high
for the given range scale you are using. It can sometimes be countered
with the anti clutter controls, alone.

Who said I wanted to get rid of it? Its kind of nice have a special identifier
for some vessels. How can I enhance it?

Problem is, what I feel you are describing, may not be due to
interference from another radar.
In the past, when I experienced interference, it showed more as a spoke
coming towards me, or a series of dots, behind the target (it tends to vary.
What you are are describing, sounds more like "side lobe" effect, in
which case it's not something you'd want to enhance .... course, I could
be miss reading/understanding your description.

otn