Larry Larry is offline

Default GPS Not Recognized

"Armond Perretta" wrote in
:

On both of the laptops I use for navigation, I was unable to find
anything in the USB section of Device Manager that was other than
Microsoft-generic. All the usual standard drivers from about 2001 for
USB hubs, etc. However under the Ports section in Device Manager I
located the virtual serial port whose driver matched the driver I
loaded from software supplied by the manufacturer. I disabled this,
but was unable to see GPS data or capture the port with either
SeaClear or ON Lite. I did not yet take a second USB-serial adapter
down to the boat yard and try that angle.

Let's see if there is data on the port and if we can connect to it.

Open HyperTerminal from the Windows Accessories/Communications and setup to
read the port the NMEA data USB to Serial adapter is using. If NMEA data
is on the port, it will stream across hyperterminal like mad. Turn the
virtual serial port back on to create the COM port for Hyperterminal to
connect to.....Once you get that running and data streaming, these other
programs should see it too, but only one at a time. Only one app can
connect to a serial port at a time.

--
Larry