Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default GPS Not Recognized

Hi, Armond,

Others have preceded me but a couple of observations from my point of view
he

Once Cap'n (or any other) is running with the GPS found, it's using that
port. You'd need another USB puck to make them work simultaneously. I
discovered this by trying to use Capn and Maxsea together.

My setup is hardwired to a Serial port, not an adapter, so that's not the
issue...

That said, I had a S/U adapter which should have worked out of the box, but
didn't, for my Pactor modem. I had to use a Knoppix tool to discover who
made it, and from there was able to download the proper driver. Once that
was installed, it worked properly.

So, if you haven't done that, likely the adapter has specific drivers that
are needed. It may be that the Cap'n has those drivers and can make it
happen without their being native in the startup of your computer.

Another anomaly I discovered is that my HD through a powered hub won't
succeed in an Acronis backup. Run directly to a USB port it works fine.
So, even though it's a high quality hub, there's data problems, apparently,
for some applications.

HTH...

L8R

Skip, still refitting, but getting close - Sept 8 we leave with grandkids
for a sea trial to see if they want to go to the Bahamas via ocean with us
the following week (or whenever the right weather window shows up)

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)