Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default GPS Not Recognized

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:05:34 -0400, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:

I have Capn 8.3 running with several GPS units that can be switched to
provide nav data. This setup works just fine and has for a very long time.
I just loaded Offshore Navigator Light and SeaClear II for the fun of it,
and it happens that neither program can "see" the GPS data. I am using a
standard USB-to-serial cable and I have tried just about every combination
of port and speed and GPS interface setting on 3 separate GPS units, but so
far no go. Meanwhile the Capn 8.3 can see anything I feed it. Any ideas?

This doesn't answer your question but I'd suggest giving it a try with
a relatively new (and free) nav package called OpenCPN. I've been
testing it as an eventual replacement for my Maptech OSN and have been
favorably impressed so far. It's an easy install and loads quickly.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencpn/