Steven Dubnoff

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:49:20 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:
I was looking at a Groco or Jabsco pump which seems
good for transfer purposes, but way exceeds the flowrate of the
filter when polishing... What happens when a 5.5 GPM pump
(Jabsco) is pushing fuel through a filter rated at 60 GPH (RACOR 500)?

It won't pump at its rated flow. The simplest thing to do is to put
in the three valves that are necessary to bypass the pump. You can
then bypass the pump for transfer purposes and put it back when you
are running your engine.

While you are at it, it would be good to put in an extra Racor and the
necessary plumbing to switch between two while you are underway.

Steve

Steven Dubnoff
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from
http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788