thunder thunder is offline

Default Snerk of the week

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:23:14 -0400, JustWait wrote:

So maybe anti-trust legislation, Tort reform should be the basis for a
"rework", not taking it over and running it into the ground...

The reason for the success of the capitalist system, is competition. So,
I don't have any problems with strong anti-trust legislation. Tort
reform is another matter. I could see setting a threshold before
allowing a lawsuit, but if some incompetent doctor botches an operation,
making me a paraplegic, or worse, dead, I want the ability to sue. My
family will need to be provided for. I don't understand people wanting
to give up their rights, to protect incompetence.