posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Military Ships (was Your Typical Beneteau!)

Dennis Pogson wrote:

I was being facetious, you are quite right, the old Fairey Swordfish
marked the end of the battleship era. I would have thought that would
have been obvious to the military boffins during WW1, but it took
another 25 years to prove the point.

Reagan recommissioned a couple of battleships. While it seemed crazy
they performed very well for shore bombardment duties.

Then there's the submariner's view: There are two kinds of ships:
submarines, and targets. But they are the guys that had my
father-in-law as a stoker on a diesel-electric boat!

Andy