Wim

Default Low-end GPS

Hi Chuck,
Not knowing anything about GPS's, but I'm looking/shopping at the moment for
one. I noticed several with a MOB(red button) on the keypad. Would not a
series of MOB's give you a running score of waypoints? I assume they can be
re-entered or moved with a proper description?
Just a thought FWIW--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

"Chuck Bollinger" wrote in message
: At the Work Boat Show (Seattle) on Friday I was looking for a fixed mount
GPS to
: replace my beloved Micrologic Mariner which is showing some senility. I
found
: the Garmin GPS 152 and the Furuno GP-32 and 37. They'd probably do the
job.
:
: Thing is, though, neither of them has a keypad. So I'd like to know from
a user
: just how, and how quickly, a waypoint can be entered. Ever since I had a
laptop
: disaster I've taken to putting waypoints in manually as I need them rather
than
: storing more than a couple. It takes less than 10 seconds on my Mariner.
How
: about either of these two units.
:
: Alternatively, can someone recommend perhaps another unit, like these two,
that
: does have a keypad entry?
:
: Thanks