posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Bilge drains Bonding, Corrosion and Mounting For a Westerly 22fiberglass twin keel sailboat

Richard Casady wrote:
/snip/

Guys glue the metal parts of a rifle into the stock with epoxy.
You use dry ice. The metal and glue will shrink different ammounts.
that plus maybe a bit of the mallet will generally break the bond.

Casady

Which reminds me - I saw a product that came as news to me in this
application: a can of refrigerant aerosol that freezes a rusty joint to
-40 degrees, so the rust line cracks, and thin releasing lubricant can
enter. Who knew? Not me.

Brian W