BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default On health care reform

Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:25:45 -0700, Jim wrote:

Lu Powell wrote:
I'm in favor of health care reform, though not in favor of Federal
takeover of it. I'm just a senior
citizen with conservative views on the role of government in our lives.

Congratulations, you probably have Medicare, which won't be "taken over
by the government," no matter what anyone tells you.

I heard that in one of those town hall meeting on "question" to the
bigwig was a shouted, foaming "I want the government to keep its
filthy hands off my Medicare!!"
Weird way of thinking.
I think the people should be given a real choice.
Some form of health care/insurance reform legislated by the gov by
elected representatives, or the gov should get out of the health
business entirely by killing Medicare.
Give the folks a choice.

Kill Medicare, repeal the taxes on social security and let people buy
insurance across state lines.