Lu Powell[_8_] Lu Powell[_8_] is offline

Default On health care reform

"Jim" wrote in message
m...
Lu Powell wrote:
I'm in favor of health care reform, though not in favor of Federal
takeover of it. I'm just a senior
citizen with conservative views on the role of government in our lives.

Congratulations, you probably have Medicare, which won't be "taken over
by the government," no matter what anyone tells you.

I think for myself, refusing to toe any party's line, unlike some folks
in this forum.

It's becoming more and more interesting looking at the people who are
protesting health care reform. Senior citizens, who clearly have
Medicare. And I've never seen anyone protest being eligible for Medicare.

I don't see young people, with kids, in those audiences, just people who
already have a government run health care plan, protesting against what
they already have.

I'd bet there is no one who has no health insurance among the protesters.

I believe the protesters have another agenda, for they can't believe
what their signs say, for they already have what they protest against.

Obama haters, closeted racists, "good" Republicans, who hate everything
that's not them. Taking their direction from organizations such as
"Freedom Works," maybe not even knowing that's where their directions
are coming from.

"Toeing the party line," indeed.

Now, Harry, et al, take your shot at killing the messenger rather than
offering constructive thought.

....and the points about alternative solutions are merely ignored? Harry
isn't the only one trying to kill the messenger while failing to look at
ideas.