Lu Powell[_8_] Lu Powell[_8_] is offline

Default On health care reform

I'm in favor of health care reform, though not in favor of Federal takeover
of it. Remember that the Feds took over a Nevada whorehouse for back taxes,
and couldn't make it work? The President and his Congress have rushed into a
government plan without apparently considering other options.

For example, they should look at the Swiss program where health care is all
privately funded with close government oversight.

Over a thousand state and Federal mandates have forced health insurance
premiums through the roof.

Prohibiting drug purchases by the Feds from foreign sources is a budget
buster.

Disallowing insurance pools ought to be eliminated. Allowing interstate
purchase of insurance ought to be a no-brainer.

Tort reform must be a part of the fix, unless the lawmakers have been so
co-opted by the trial lawyers association they can't make a move.

I have read much of the House bill, (something the Congressmen haven't
done), and my mind is boggled at the creation of a bureaucrat's wet dream!
Who writes that crap? Where and when were hearings conducted to receive
input from experts in the field, and from the loyal opposition?

I'm no birther, no right-wing Republican, no neo-Nazi. I'm just a senior
citizen with conservative views on the role of government in our lives. I
think for myself, refusing to toe any party's line, unlike some folks in
this forum.

Now, Harry, et al, take your shot at killing the messenger rather than
offering constructive thought.