Jim Zeigler Jim Zeigler is offline
Junior Member

We have an '86 Albin 40' with a single Lehman SP135 ( normally aspirated). has 12,100 hours and still purring. We are 3rd owners and was lucky to have very regular maintenance by 2 previous owners (which they logged religiously). Only major repair has been a transmission rebuild (current) and water pump, plus the normal replacement cycle on the heat exchangers and hoses.

As to the post regarding the number hours seen in the ads, I suspect that datum would be conveniently omitted in any posting if it was greater than 10,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Heslop View Post
I am currently looking at a Grand Banks 42 ft Trawler. It is equipped with
two Ford Lehman engines. They currently have 4800 hours on each of them.
I have had conflicing information as to engine life. One source says 10,000
hours while another says 5,000 hours.

Does anyone have experence with these engines to give me the warm and
fuzzies of the cold shower of truth?

Al Heslop