posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
D[_10_] D[_10_] is offline

Default ??? about taking an outdrive apart

dh@. wrote:
I'm trying to take apart a Mercruiser outdrive to replace the boots
which have cracked. It looks a good bit like this one:

http://www.boats.net/_search/images/...4198540716.png

I had to go buy a 1/2 inch allen wrench to remove part #26. They're
very tight, possibly rusted, and I haven't broken them free yet. Is
there anything else holding them, or should I get a cheater bar and
apply a lot more force to break them loose? Any suggestions about this
job would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
David

Add a little heat (torch) if you can.