Garland Gray II

Default Autopilot

Just read this thread, and have one comment: my experience w/ auto pilots is
that the flux gate compass must be a good distance away from an outboard
motor. 5ft, 6ft even. I've got some real stories about this.

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:33:29 -0500, "Armond Perretta"
wrote (with possible editing):

...snip

I have written about autopilots here before, but just to bring you up to
day, I now carry 3 tiller pilots. I had an instance 2 or 3 years ago

where
both of the 2 then on board went out. A short while after that I
cracked a part of the windvane self-steerer.

So now it's 3 tiller pilots and the repaired Navik. Hmmmmm.

How do they attach to the tiller? Do any of them attach to a wheel?
Do you think any of them might be adaptable to my situation?

Thanks,
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com