Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Poor Non Sailing Neal

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:33:39 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:53:54 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

If you can't enjoy sailing for sailing's sake and if
you have to "visit"

If all you want to do is sail, get a scow. A scows, 38 ft, 1900 lbs,
held the speed record for the best part of a century. If you want
something faster you spend about a mill, maybe much more, for a high
tech catamaran. If the hundred grand [without sails] A is too pricy,
they make scows as small as 16 feet.

If I just wanted to sail, I'd get me one of those Farrier Corsairs.
Trimaran. They fly.

--Vic

I sailed on a 24' a few years ago... very nice. There are several 31s for
sale out here. They seem to hold their value well...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com