BlueMac

Default Newbie Advice - Multiperson boat ownership

Greetings,

I've always wanted a boat and was considering it. Looking at the
costs of boats I was considering a used one. The cost of maintenance
and all of that it looked expensive and I'm sure it will be. Some
people I work with were also interested so we thought about going in
together and buying a boat and sharing the total costs of ownership.

I would like to know if anyone is doing this or has done it that has
some thoughts to share on the subject. I did a search on it here but
didn't turn up much useful results. Any positive and negative
experiences before I jump into this? Any pitfalls I should know about
before buying a boat multi ownership or not?

If it makes any difference we were thinking about a 27' sport cruiser.

I would appreciate some insight thank you very much in advance!

Bluemac