James[_2_] James[_2_] is offline

Default Westerbeke 10 Two

Jim wrote:

Hi,

New to group. Have a 1986 NONSUCH 22 with a Westerbeke 10 Two. Am
looking for a replacement fresh water cooling pump (Westerbeke #33197
I think). They want $540 for a new one. I found markings on the
block today...K2AS 0.451L. On the other side of the engine under the
oil filter it has H18 with a 2 under that.

Is this a Mitsubishi K2AS block? Are more reasonably priced water
pumps available? Or is there a pump rebuilder that can fix my old
one. A local machine shop that rebuilds pumps said the impeller would
be ruined when he presses out the shaft and he doesn't know where to
find a replacement impeller.

Any help will be appreciated. I am in the San Jose CA. area. Thanks
in advance.

I have a Westerbeke W21 which is a Mitsubishi K3 block. It was used in
Case International tractors and a Toro Goundsmaster mower. When I was
searching for parts I run across these guys. They rebuild water pumps.

http://www.tractorpartsasap.com/

They quoted me a price of $175 + shipping using my old pump. You might
check with them. Jim