Gordon Gordon is offline

Default ATN top climber

cavelamb wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:28:34 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:
Good, bad or ugly? Any comments?
Gordon
Over $400 is certainly ugly.

Dunno about the rest...

Supposedly, it works great. I considered one for a while, but decided
I didn't really need it.

I assembled pretty much the same rig, but used all better quality
parts used in rock climbing, and a few parts I made myself. I ended up
spending as much, but my rig is safer and easier to use. I have a lot
of health issues and even had a stroke a while back, but I can get up
and down the mast on my boat without any outside help in a matter of
minutes.
It's actually fun. I try to remember to take my camera when I go up,
and often stay up for a while and just enjoy the view.

One big advantage I have over the ATN setup is that my etriers have
solid flat rungs for my feet. I could go up barefoot if I wanted to.
The ATN unit just uses loops, and unless you are wearing heavy work
boots, that is gonna HURT.

Do you mind posting some photos?
Show how it's made?

I'd be interested also.