cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default ATN top climber

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:28:34 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:
Good, bad or ugly? Any comments?
Gordon
Over $400 is certainly ugly.

Dunno about the rest...

Supposedly, it works great. I considered one for a while, but decided I
didn't really need it.

I assembled pretty much the same rig, but used all better quality
parts used in rock climbing, and a few parts I made myself. I ended up
spending as much, but my rig is safer and easier to use. I have a lot
of health issues and even had a stroke a while back, but I can get up
and down the mast on my boat without any outside help in a matter of
minutes.

It's actually fun. I try to remember to take my camera when I go up,
and often stay up for a while and just enjoy the view.

One big advantage I have over the ATN setup is that my etriers have
solid flat rungs for my feet. I could go up barefoot if I wanted to.
The ATN unit just uses loops, and unless you are wearing heavy work
boots, that is gonna HURT.

Do you mind posting some photos?
Show how it's made?