Ahoy2u

Default help with towing capacity on chevy venture van

Just a story for you: I put a hitch on my venture to pull a 19' ruanbout. The
boat's weight is at the upper limit of the Venture's towing capacity. I only
tow for a one hour year to put the boat in at the start of the season and take
it out at the end. Here is where the venture fails: pulling the boat up a
ramp. The weight on the back of the van takes weight and therefore traction
off of the front drive wheels.

To get it up a very slight grade ramp, I had to have a guy stand on the front
bumper. FWD vans are not very desireable for this, IMHO.

RJ