Doug Dotson

Default Central America & Costa Rica Anchorages

I spent some time in Golfito Bay way back in the 1990. Was
nice and Golfito was a nice little town although a bit depressed
since the Russian unionized the fruit workers and destroyed
the towns only real industry.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
4.17...
After going through the Panama Canal I think that we're going to head up
the coast of Central America before heading to the South Pacific. This
seems to be a lightly cruised area without a lot of information available.
In particular there doesn't seem to be any information about Costa Rica.

I'd be very interested in obtaining information about anchorages in Costa
Rica in particular as well as Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and
Nicaragua. I have a copy of "The Forgotten Middle" which covers the later
pretty well.

Also, does anyone out there have a copy of the Maptech Panama to Acapulco
Mexico electronic charts that they would be willing to sell or swap for?

-- Geoff (delete the "AT" out of my return e-mail address)
www.geoffschultz.org