Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default rig tuning suggestions

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:49:09 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

I want to pull my paddle wheel out and clean it, but I've never done it before.

OR even seen it done....

Seems like it's not that far below the water line that water would
come gushing in real big.

But it's still a hole below the water line!

Assuming that you have a dummy plug it is really quite easy, have it
close at hand. I used to atttach a string to mine and leave it tied
to the paddle wheel housing so that I always knew where it was. Pull
the paddle wheel plug and immediately put your free hand over the hole
to minimize the inrush. Grab the dummy plug with your other hand and
immediately insert. Twist down the collar on the dummy plug to lock
it in place and you are ready to start cleaning the paddle wheel.
After you've done it a couple of times it becomes routine, just make
sure you have the dummy ready to go.