Cindy Ballreich

Default Seeking advice and suggestions

Have you considered looking into a charter club?

A good charter club with a lot of different boats will allow you
to learn boating skills from more experienced members and
instructors, and will allow you to try out different types of
boats and see what *really* fits your needs. (Or just as
importantly, find out what doesn't meet your needs!)

My husband and I looked at (and almost bought) a couple of boats,
but financial issues forced us to wait. While waiting we joined a
charter club so we could be on the water. It wasn't the same as
owning our own boat, but we learned a *lot* about boating from
people we would never have met otherwise. We also learned that
the boats we had been interested in would not have met our needs.
We finally did buy a boat. It's a bit more of a "project" than we
had hoped, but if we can survive the refit we know she will be
perfect for us.

We are sailors and it sounds like you are interested in power
boats, but there are clubs out there that should have what you
are looking for.

Best of luck

Cindy