Skip Gundlach

Default We bought a boat - but gave it back

Planting tongue in cheek, I respond:

"Bill" wrote in message
There some people who love sailing or just being on the water. There are
others that love to work on boats, others that like to own boats, and

still
others that like to look at boats. Some people have a few of these
characteristics, some only have one.

I have a friend who has been looking at boats for 15 years. He has never
bought one. Over that time, I have owned 6 . My wife and I chuckle every
time he mentions a boat.

What kind of boat do you live on, where do you cruise, and did you do it
from cash or from liquidating assets?

We're cutting the lines; it will be our home.

And by the way, I currently own 9 boats, and three windsurfers and have
owned 6 others previously, now sold, so...

There is no perfect boat. If somebody really wants to go sailing he will

do
it. Not having the prefect boat is just an excuse not to go.

I don't need the perfect boat to go sailing. Or rowing (sculling), alone or
with another. Or water skiing. Or cruising to watch the fireworks or last
night's meteor shower that was drowned out by 2 inches of rain. I can step
out my back door and commence with what I already own. I do need something
completely different than what I have - or have thus far encountered before
two weeks ago - to be able to leave solid land for the rest of my life.

Oh, and I've been a boat owner for about 30 years, one way or another,
continuously.

Tongue back inside, all the above is gospel, not malarkey. At least what
*I* wrote :{))

L8R

Skip