Bill

Default We bought a boat - but gave it back

There some people who love sailing or just being on the water. There are
others that love to work on boats, others that like to own boats, and still
others that like to look at boats. Some people have a few of these
characteristics, some only have one.

I have a friend who has been looking at boats for 15 years. He has never
bought one. Over that time, I have owned 6 . My wife and I chuckle every
time he mentions a boat.

There is no perfect boat. If somebody really wants to go sailing he will do
it. Not having the prefect boat is just an excuse not to go.

Bill

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:21:51 GMT, "Skip Gundlach"
.due.to.spam wrote:

This originally appeared in a thread about marine heads...

"Bruce" wrote in message
Skip
What kind of boat did you buy?

We haven't yet. We had an accepted offer on a Mason 43 which Lydia

rejected
based on the teak and stern cabin redo needed. We expect the deposit

back
this week.

You should not have a boat. It's a far too variable and spontaneous thing

for
you to deal with.

If you really wanted a great boat, you would have bought one long ago.

There is
absolutely no legitimate reason that you have been doing all this

foundering.
You need a shrink, not a boat.

BB