Dennis Pogson[_2_] Dennis Pogson[_2_] is offline

Default NOAA and the Cap'n and Maxsea

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
NOAA and the Cap'n and Maxsea

I've been searching the internet and haven't come up with current info re
the capn and NOAA downloaded charts. They downloaded and extracted just
fine but it seems no matter what I do they won't show up in the search for
charts the capn does.

In a "for dummies" format can anyone tell me where and how I have to put
all those lovely rnc and dnc files I have to get the capn to recognize
them?

Related, as this is part of a computer rebuild, while I seemed to have
solved that problem in the past with the capn, I'm about to reload my
maxsea. Has anyone got the same sort of "for dummies" instructions on how
to make charts which the capn recognizes (explorer, e.g.) and NOAA
downloads visible to MaxSea?

Thanks in advance!

L8R Skip, refitting 18 hours a day prepping to leave the states for the
rest of our lives

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand
(Richard Bach)

To read and use NOAA ENC's for real-time navigation you need a program such
as Coastal Explorer. The software you mention is set to read the supplier's
own proprietory software only. Expect to pay top dollar for the software,
which is the catch in using "free" NOAA charts.

There may of course be other, cheaper suppliers.

Dennis.