L. M. Rappaport

Default Autopilot

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:58:39 GMT, Dan Best wrote
(with possible editing):

Larry, you described this as a jet ski. Does it have a wheel or handle
bars? I was envisioning more of a handle bar like arrangement and
rigging some way to connect the ram to one of the handle bars. Some of
the wheel pilots (like the one I have) afix a small rim to the inside of
a wheel that a belt goes around to actually turn the wheel.

Good luck - Dan

....snip

Dan,

Well, actually I said: "It is a jet boat powered by
a 200 hp Merc". At 18.5' it would be quite a personal watercraft!
Yes, it has a wheel. It seats 8 (6 comfortably) and looks like a
runabout for all intents and purposes. The only significant
difference is that it is powered by a jet with no lower unit or
anything below the keel to smash into rocks.

The wheel seems to be an enclosed unit with a cable or tube
coming out of it.

Thanks,
--

Larry