Ante Topic Mimara

Default Seeking advice and suggestions

Rufus wrote:

1) What time yesterday do you need to buy your boat? ..g

I do not need a boat yesterday! LOL! I am looking to find out
what boat is available, to decide if I can use one. Do you
know of different types of boats that might be of use?

IOW, don't rush into things, or you'll burn out quick or get
into trouble. There's lots to know about boats, and what of
that actually matters really depends on the individual. Mostly
you need to learn about yourself in relationship to this boat
thing you're thinking of getting into.

Taking time is good advisement for me. Maybe I did not look into
what having a boat is about enough. That is what I had tried to
do when I came to ask about what kinds of boats there are. Can you
tell me more of having boats so I can look this up?

2) It's almost always really dumb, in every way, to buy big
expensive toys without having lots of personal experience. Once
you have experience, you start to know what questions to ask and
to form some of your own opinions. Without that, nothing anybody
says much matters one way or another.

How can one get "personal experience" without having experience
to the first place? I think you are trying to be telling me that
I am not smart enough to get experience without a boat, yet I do
not have a boat to get experience with. Maybe I do not need to
get into a boat, but instead go back to flying an airplane for
a hobby.

3) A boat isn't a set of skies - at least not for most people's
budget or liability insurance coverage. You don't go buy one and
try it out and have a bang bang weekend to talk about at the
office.

What is a "bang bang weekend" ? I do not know of this.

And how again am I to know about boats unless I ask? This is
going in many circles.

Unless you're in the bucks and can afford to write off some
really _big_ mistakaes.

How can I spend big money if I am wanting to find a boat that
does not cost many dollars? This I do not understand either.

So go get some experience. It's easy. It can be free. It's fun.

So far, it seems to have more danger in it than I thought it did.

You want sail boat?

No, I do not want a sailboat. I want a boat with a motor. How
does this advisement help me?

Go be rail meat for some racing skippers at the local yacht
clubs. Learn some ropes. Get screamed at. Bloody you hands.
Stuff a spiniaker.

What is this "rail meat"?

Why do I need to find "racing skipper" when I want to go slow
and have lazy cruises on the river?

What do ropes have to do with motorboats?

I do not want to be screamed at.

I would not like to have bloody hands.

What is a "spiniaker" and how do I stuff it?

How does all of these things I do not know help me decide what
kind of boat I should look at?

If I understand your meaning, you are telling me I do not need
a boat.

Puke over the side. Sop up brew at the commiseration bar
after the race. Take the CG Auxiliary courses.

I do not want to "puke" over the side. I do not even know what
that is, but it does not sound nice.

What is "brew" and what do I "sop" it with?

These are nautical terms so what do they mean?

Boats are great - go for it. But give yourself a chance.

Is that not what I thought I was doing?

Let somebody else pay the $2000 for a ripped sail.

I do not want sails.

Let somebody else insurance cover the gash he makes in the
paint of the neighboring rich guy at the dock.

You are making a joke with me! LOL

Make a fool of yourself in front of your sneering comrades
- who might at least get a good laugh out of it - instead
of in front of your scared ****less "significant other".
Let the _owner_ get freaked out when his GPS batteries run
out and the fog comes down - see how a real pro does
it so you find how _you_ would like to do it. g

Why do I need to make a fool of myself? Is this a part of
boating?

You may decide you'd like ocean motorboat racing better
- much faster, louder, and macho. Or maybe kayaking will
start to look better...

I do not live besides the ocean, and racing a motor boat is
not like what I was thinking about. What is a "kayaking" and
how is it better?

You have made me think of many more questions that I did not
know about, and I appreciate it! I will look these things up
and learn more, so I can ask better questions next time!

Many thanks!

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.