Bruce

Default We bought a boat - but gave it back

Look group, Skip has every right to be picky about his boat. I sold my C&C
and bought an Endeavour 43 for the very same reason...head room. I gave up
sailing ability for comfort. If I had on thing to be critical of regarding
Skip, is that he went into the contract phase prematurely. He should have
gotten this negative worked out with Lydia before the contract was signed.
I think that if the broker wanted to be a real a$$hole, he could
realistically forced Skip to go to survey where he could then reject the
boat.
If this we my deal, I would have put a $dollar value on the cosmetics and
then proceeded to the contract and survey phase and find out what the real
cost would be bring the boat back to Bristol. There is always a reason why
a boat will not sell after three years and it is generally condition,
condition, condition. All that relates to price. A Mason 43 is a fantastic
boat and is worth putting some money into but you don't throw away the deal
until you hear from the surveyor. Skip will end up looking back at this
boat knowing he could have done the cosmetic work for half what he is
spending in the search.

--
See how our Endeavour is progressing at
www.cruisinglife.net/horizonproject.htm