Jim Woodward

Default Design of drip lips or tubes for scuppers

"Panama" wrote in message
I tired of drip marks and stains down the hull topsides from scuppers.
I want to get a solution before I have the boat LP'd.

snip

Seen any good ideas?

No. Thoughts:

Add a rub rail. It's pricey and difficult, but the drips would be clear of
the topsides and you wouldn't have to worry as much about touching something
(one of things that makes it possible for two of us to handle Fintry is that
with a steel boat and a fat rubrail, docking becomes a contact sport. Drop a
bow spring on a bollard and idle forward against it to pull her in.)

Figure out some easily sacrificial thing that could stick out and carry the
drip -- it doesn't have to be a tube -- a long match stick would do it, and
if you break it, you replace it.

Bite the bullet and add tubes to just above the waterline. I don't like the
additional holes in the boat, but it works.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..