Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default rig tuning suggestions

"mr.b" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:48:37 -0700, Capt. JG wrote:

Are you sure it's a rigging issue, beyond what you've stated toward the
end? Did you notice or not notice this prior to the new rigging?

truthfully no, I don't know for a fact that it is a rigging issue and in
fact I did notice this prior to the new rigging. I replaced the rigging
because it may have been the original gear on the 40 year old boat. We
got a large set of invoices for work done when we bought the boat in
2000, but no record of the standing rigging ever having been replaced.

Another poster mentioned keel/rudder alignment. Unless the boat came out
of the mold wrong, and I don't think it did because this assymetry has
only been noticed for two seasons, I will look closer at the rudder when
it comes out in the fall if I can't resolve this by tweaking the rigging.

Here's a tuning guide for manually tuning a C&C.. not sure what boat you
have.

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityou...ing/tuning.htm

close enough, mine is a 1966 Hinterholler HR 28
thanks

Good move about replacing the rigging... I seriously doubt it's an alignment
issue. It may just be the nature of the boat. You'll never have a boat that
behaves exactly the same on opposite tacks. I've noticed this on many
different boats, including my boat, although I've never worried about it all
that much. It was professionally tuned. If I have a full water tank (port
side), then I can see a slight lean when it sits at the dock. I usually
leave it about 1/2 to 3/4 full, which seems to work. Even, for example, and
inch off on the traveller center would make a difference.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com