Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Gun saves another day

"Yogi of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:53:30 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:37:45 -0400, H the K wrote:

http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm

My guess is that the police don't train sufficiently for close-in
shooting. I always "warm-up" at the range by first shooting at a target
7 to 10 feet away, then about 20 feet away, and then I run the target
out to 75 feet.

You also need to learn a good pistol pointing technique.

You might want to read down in the article where it states there is a
clear disconnect between range marksmanship, and combat hitsmanship. I
think Calif Bill is correct when he states "Hard to aim when ducking for
cover."

Don't argue with Harry - he's an expert on everything.

As for training, NYPD is second to none.

Er....Hello? Marine Corps? :)

The only people who do not have to be as accurate as the Marines is the Air
Force. We drop a 500-2000# bomb and big hole.