Just wait a frekin' minute! Just wait a frekin' minute! is offline

Default Gun saves another day

Jack wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:07 am, H the K wrote:
On 7/23/09 10:59 AM, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:26:51 -0400, H the
wrote:
On 7/22/09 11:05 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:17:24 -0400, H the
wrote:
Oh...I've taken Sig's Close Quarter Operator's Course.
... and nobody told you not to put your finger in the trigger guard
before you are going to shoot?
That has been in self defense and police tactical shooting courses for
decades. We were even starting to incorporate that into skeet shooting
etiquette when I was in Md. Call the bird, point the gun, acquire the
target, then put your finger in the hole and shoot, It is just a habit
you should get into.
This is best demonstrated in one of the most famous cop pictures in
the world.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Gonzoles.jpg
Heheh...you just keep on keepin' on. When you are in close quarters and
someone is coming at you with a knife, it's time to put your finger
inside the trigger guard and on the trigger so you can shoot. We're not
talking birds here.
What would *you* wait for before putting your finger on the trigger and
pulling it? Getting slashed or stabbed? Hey, you have to be careful
around washed-up old marines wielding knives.
It is all training. If that is what you were trained to do that time
is insignificant. It reduces the chances of accidental discharge to
almost zero. In a state like Maryland where any shooting, accidental
or not is likely to draw a charge, that is an important thing to
consider.
EVERY police agency of any consequence teaches this protocol and you
will be taught this in any credible gun handling course.
It actually does help you point the gun faster in low light situations
since you are just pointing your finger at the target.
I agree you have to practice this a lot to build the muscle memory but
it is worth doing.

Yeah, well, if someone is 10' away and moving in with a knife, I'm
already shooting. Any discharge will not be accidental.

Except for the wet spot in your pants.

~SNERK~

LOL!!! he certainly is afa..