otnmbrd

Default Design of drip lips or tubes for scuppers

Ships have fought this problem for years. In their case, "Ospho" has
become the best solution. Everything else, mechanical, has been more
trouble than it's worth.
Find a product that will cause minimal damage to your gelcoat or paint,
and use that .... it may only be temporary, but the long term pain can
at least be minimized.

otn

Panama wrote:
I tired of drip marks and stains down the hull topsides from scuppers.
I want to get a solution before I have the boat LP'd.

It seems that I either need to fill in the scuppers and put in
thru-deck scuppers that drain down to thru hulls in the bootstripe -
or put some kind of drip tube or drip lip - either permanent or
removable - into the existing scuppers so that drips would drop far
enough out from the boat to miss the topsides.

I'm concerned that permanent stiff ones like s/s tubes or whatever
might scrape people or poke inflatables while trying to board. Maybe
something flexible like clear silicone rubber sheets or tubes?

Seen any good ideas?